Conference and Workshop Venues
The main conference will be held at the Glasgow Hilton Grosvenor hotel (left), situated in the vibrant West End of Glasgow.
The venue is only a short walking distance from the University of Glasgow where conference workshops will take place at the School of Computing Science (right).
|Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel
||University of Glasgow
||School of Computing Science
|1-9 Grosvenor Terrace
||Sir Alwyn Williams Building
||18 Lilybank Gardens
HOW TO GET HERE
Glasgow International Airport
- 7 miles west of the University
- First Bus Service (77) connects the West End of Glasgow and the airport. The Glasgow Airport Express (500) bus service connects the city centre and the airport.
- Taxi fare from the airport to the West End costs approximately £21. From the city centre to the West End costs approximately £8.
Glasgow Prestwick Airport
- 33 miles south west of the University
- Dedicated rail station to get to Glasgow city centre (click here)
- Airport bus service to city centre takes around 45 minutes (click here)
Edinburgh International Airport
- 42 miles east of the University
- Bus Service Citylink Air direct to Buchanan Street Bus Station in Glasgow
GETTING AROUND GLASGOW
- Routes 4, 4A and 15 run through the main campus from the city centre.
- Other routes serve Dumbarton Road, Great Western Road and Byres Road.
- A Glasgow city tourist bus stops at the University.
The nearest suburban rail station is Partick, about one mile west of the University. It has an interchange with the subway and with bus services on Dumbarton Road.
Black taxi cabs can be picked up at most times in the University area and the city centre. You can also phone for a black taxi cab on 0141 429 7070.
There are numerous places to park bicycles across the University campus. If you want to find out more about locations of cycle parking facilities, showers, bus stops, gates and car parking areas on the main campus, you can consult the University of Glasgow Active Travel Map.