The International Conference on Multimodal Interfaces (ICMI) will be held in Seattle, USA, during November 9-13, 2015. ICMI is the premier international conference for multidisciplinary research on multimodal human-human and human-computer interaction analysis, interface designs, and system development. ICMI has developed a tradition of hosting workshops on a day around the main conference to further foster the mingling and exchanges around new research, technology, social science models, application and business opportunities Examples of recent workshops include:
- Workshop on Eye Gaze in Intelligent Human Machine Interaction: Eye-Gaze and Multimodality
- Workshop on Emotion Representations and Modelling for Human-Computer Interaction System
- Workshop on Smart Material Interfaces: Another Step to a Material Future
- Workshop on Social Behaviour in Music
- Multimodal, Multi-Party, Real-World Human-Robot Interaction
- Roadmapping the Future of Multimodal Interaction Research including Business Opportunities and Challenges
This tradition will continue at ICMI-2015 and workshops will be held on November 13th 2015 after the ICMI main technical program. Of interest are focused workshops on emerging research areas of the main conference topics, and in particular those favoring multi-disciplinar views around application areas, business opportunities, or societal challenges.
The format, style, and content of accepted workshops are under the control of the workshop organizers. Workshops may be of a half-day or one day in duration. Workshop organizers will be expected to manage the workshop content, be present to moderate the discussion and panels, invite experts in the domain, and maintain a website for the workshop. Workshop papers will be included in the conference proceedings thumb drive and indexed by the ACM organization.
Prospective workshop organizers are invited to submit proposals in PDF format via email to odobez AT idiap DOT ch, by 8th of May, 2015. The proposal should include the following:
- Workshop title,
- list of organizers including affiliation, email address, and short bio,
- Workshop motivation, expected outcomes and impact,
- Workshop format (by invitation only, call for papers, etc), anticipated number of talks/posters, workshop duration (half-day or full-day) including tentative program.
- Planned advertisement means, website hosting, and estimated participation (industry/academia)
- Paper submission procedure (submission via web site, via email, etc.) if applicable. Workshop organizers can rely on the ICMI submission system precisionconference.com, or use their preferred one, e.g. http://cmt.research.microsoft.com/cmt/
- Paper review procedure (single/double-blind, internal/external, solicited/invited-only, pool of reviewers, etc.),
- Paper submission and acceptance deadlines (camera-ready and early registration deadlines for a workshop must coincide with the corresponding deadlines of ICMI-2015 - see Important Dates).
- Special space and equipment requests, if any.
* Workshop proposal: May 8th, 2015
* Workshop acceptance notification: May 11th, 2015
* Camera ready: TBA
* Early registration: TBA
* Workshop day: November 13th, 2015