The 19th International Conference on Multimodal Interaction (ICMI 2017) will be held in Glasgow, Scotland.
ICMI is the premier international forum for multidisciplinary research on multimodal human-human and human-computer interaction, interfaces, and system development.
The conference focuses on theoretical and empirical foundations, component technologies, and combined multimodal processing techniques that define the field of multimodal interaction analysis, interface design, and system development.
This year, ICMI welcomes contributions on machine learning for multimodal interaction as a special topic of interest.
ICMI 2017 will feature a single-track main conference which includes: keynote speakers, technical full and short papers (including oral and poster presentations), demonstrations, exhibits and doctoral spotlight papers.
The conference will also feature workshops and grand challenges. The proceedings of ICMI'2017 will be published by ACM as part of their series of International Conference Proceedings and Digital Library.
Please click here or on the Author Instructions tab on the left for details on the submission process.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Affective Computing and interaction
- Cognitive modeling and multimodal interaction
- Gesture, touch and haptics
- Healthcare, assistive technologies
- Human communication dynamics
- Human-robot/agent multimodal interaction
- Interaction with smart environment
- Machine learning for multimodal interaction
- Mobile multimodal systems
- Multimodal behavior generation
- Multimodal datasets and validation
- Multimodal dialogue modeling
- Multimodal fusion and representation
- Multimodal interactive applications
- Speech behaviors in social interaction
- System components and multimodal platforms
- Visual behaviors in social interaction
- Virtual/augmented reality and multimodal interaction
|Long and short paper submission
||May 12th, 2017 (11:59pm GMT)
|Reviews available for rebuttal
||July 21st, 2017
||August 25th, 2017
||September 22nd, 2017
|Presenting at main conference
||November 14-16, 2017